The National Teaching Council is mandated by Education Regulators’ Body Act 2020 (ACT 1023) to improve professional standing and status of teachers and to ensure licensing and registration of teachers in Ghana.
The purpose of the Licensing Examination is to enable qualified teachers to acquire a professional license and prepare teachers to meet the demands of the National Teachers’ Standards of possessing the minimum knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
Eligibility for the Licensure Examination
1. All Prospective candidates who hold the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed and are desirous of seeking employment as teachers. The candidates are to apply on-line at exams.ntc.gov.gh and complete the application form for the licensure examination.
2. All the above-mentioned candidates who completed in 2021
3. or before qualify to write the examination at a Centre of their choice.
4. Candidates who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination but were unsuccessful in some papers may register to re-sit.
a) Fresh candidates are required to pay GHȻ 280.00 to register for the examination.
b) Candidates who are re-sitting are to pay GHȻ 150.00 for one (1) Re-sit paper.
c) Candidates who are re-sitting two (2) papers are to pay GHȻ 250.00.
d) Candidates who are re-sitting all three (3) papers are to pay GHȻ 280.00.
5.Mode of payment
Payment can be made at any branch of GCB Bank LTD and Prudential Bank Ltd nationwide.
Take note: Candidates must notify the Bank as fresh students, re-sitting one, two or three papers.
MOMO Payment can be made through the short code *772*51#
* Take Pin and Serial No. from the Bank after payment.
*Log onto exams.ntc.gov.gh
* Enter your e-voucher Serial no. and Pin
* Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph
NTC will not accept any request for change of photograph after the examination.
* Review information provided and submit.
* Print Summary of the inputs made
6. Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS secure after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the examination.
Completed application forms should be received online not later than 8th September 2021
Note: There will be no extension in time for registration beyond the 8th September 2021 deadline.
Date for Examination:
23rd — 24th September 2021
Source :Registrar, National Teaching Council (NTC)