NATIONAL TEACHING COUNCIL
RESIT REGISTRATION FOR GHANA TEACHER LICENSURE EXAMINATION (2023 GTLE 1)
The National Teaching Council is mandated by Education Regulatory Bodies Act 2020 (ACT 1023) to regulate the teaching profession in Ghana.
The purpose of the Licensing Examination is to enable qualified teachers acquire a professional licence and prepare teachers to meet the demands of the National Teachers’ Standards of possessing the minimum knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
NOTCE OF REMINDER
The ongoing registration for the 2023 Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) 1 is for re-sit candidates only. Due to the GTLE reforms which is to be implemented this year, the Council has given three chances to candidates who are associated with the traditional GTLE (Essential Professional Skills, Literacy and Numeracy) to redeem themselves. The first chance was utilised in 2022 GTLE 2. This year, two chances are available for re-sit candidates to utilise.
This ongoing registration for 2023 GTLE 1 is one of the two chances. After the two chances, there will be no examination for the traditional subjects in 2024 and beyond. Any candidate of the traditional GTLE who would like to write GTLE again will have to start afresh with the GTLE dispensation in 2024 and beyond.
Eligibility for the Licensure Examination.
- Candidates who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination but were unsuccessful in some papers may register to re-sit. The candidates are to apply on-line at exams.ntc.gov.gh and complete the application form for the licensure examination.
- Fees for registration:
a) Candidates who are re-sitting a paper are to pay GHȻ 150.00.
b) Candidates who are re-sitting two (2) papers are to pay GHȻ 210.00.
c) Candidates who are re-sitting all three (3) papers are to pay GHȻ 385.00.
Payment can be made at any branch of Prudential Bank Ltd nationwide or Mobile money Payment can be made through the short code *77251# across all networks
For in banking payment, candidates must notify the bank as re-sitting one, two or three papers.
- Take Pin and Serial No. from the Bank after payment.
- Log onto exams.ntc.gov.gh
- Enter your e-voucher Serial no. and Pin
- Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph
NOTE: NTC will not accept any request for change of photograph after the examination.
- Review information provided and submit.
- Print Summary of the inputs made.
- Read the examination regulations and tick the tick-box before submission.
- Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS secured after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the examination.
Completed application forms should be received online not later than 25th April, 2023
i. Announcement for registration of fresh candidates for the subject-based GTLE shall be made very soon.
ii. There will be no extension in time for registration beyond the 25th April, 2023 deadline.
iii. Dress code should be formal. No bathroom slippers.
iv. No baby at the examination centre.
Date for Examination:
4th and 5th May, 2023
NATIONAL TEACHING COUNCIL