crossorigin="anonymous"> 23%,25% increment is not a solution to the economic quagmire that our people are confronted with."-NAGRAT Prez - Bricy Boateng
Connect with us

Education

23%,25% increment is not a solution to the economic quagmire that our people are confronted with.”-NAGRAT Prez

Published

on

Spread the love

In a two-day negotiation between Organised Labour and the government, a significant development has emerged regarding the base pay for the year 2024. The discussions, detailed in a report by MyJoyOnline, highlight the complex dynamics involved in reaching a consensus on salary increments.

Background:
Organised Labour initially demanded an ambitious 75.1% increase in the base pay for 2024. Despite revising this to 60% on Monday, the government rejected the proposal, countering with a 15% increment. This marked a critical juncture in the negotiations, setting the stage for further deliberations.

Negotiation Process:
On Tuesday, November 14, both parties reached a compromise, settling on a 23% raise. Notably, there is an additional 2% expected in July, bringing the total increment to 25%. This compromise reflects the intricacies of balancing the demands of Organised Labour with the economic considerations of the government.

Concerns Raised by Organised Labour:

Following the agreement, Mr Carbonu, a representative of Organised Labour, expressed reservations about the achieved percentage increase. He emphasized that the settled-upon figure “is not a solution to the economic quagmire that our people are confronted with.” This sentiment underscores the challenges faced by the workforce amidst economic uncertainties.

Economic Context:
Mr Carbonu highlighted the broader economic challenges, noting that the salary increase, while a significant achievement, might not fully address the prevailing economic difficulties. He pointed out the impact of inflation, stating that it continues to outpace the rate of salary increments, raising questions about the long-term sustainability of such adjustments.

The 23% base pay increment for 2024, achieved after a series of negotiations, reflects the delicate balance between the demands of Organised Labour and the economic constraints faced by the government. The additional 2% expected in July adds a layer of complexity to the agreement. As discussions continue, it remains to be seen how this compromise will navigate the intricate economic landscape and address the concerns raised by Organised Labour regarding the broader economic challenges faced by the workforce.


Spread the love

Bricy Boateng is an educationist, blogger, graphic designer, content creator and a digital marketer. He's passionate about matters relating to teachers and the Ghana Education Service(GES). Bricy Boateng is very sociable and very welcoming. Follow me on all major social media channels and let's vibe together!

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Verified by MonsterInsights