The preliminary report of the just ended population census suggests that females make up ten (10) out of sixteen (16) regions in Ghana. According to the provisional results by the Ghana Statistical Service, females outnumber males by four (4) regions.
The preliminary report which was released by the GSS today September 22, 2021 gives a picture of the structure of Ghana’s population. Let us look at some key points in the report as revealed by GSS.
1. The population of Ghana now stands at 30.8 million.
2. The population of Ghana is growing, but at a decreasing rate relating to past censuses.
3. Females make up a larger portion of the population, which has been the trend in the last four (4) censuses organized. Females outnumber males in 10 out of 16 regions.
4. Greater Accra is the nation’s most populous region. Ashanti region loses to Greater Accra region, becomes the second.
5. Ahafo region becomes the least populated region, takes over from the Upper West region.
6. The average household size is 3.6 members.
7. There are 10.7 million structures listed, out of it, 20% were metal containers, kiosks and wooden structures.