If you are reading this, I assume you’re probably pregnant or looking g forward to getting pregnant in the near future.
It takes the grace of God to get pregnant, so if you are pregnant, congratulations to you. It feels great to be a mother and to have a fellow human being growing inside you.
Soon, you are going to be a mother and I cannot wait to see the happiness that will climax the nine months journey. Pregnancy is not something to joke with, there are many things you need to know and do to keep you and your unborn child safe.
I have taken the pain to outline twenty (23) tips to help pregnant women go through the nine months journey as eagerly wait to embrace their baby.
1. Tell tour husband about it as early as possible.
2. Inquire from your parents and elderly women about pregnancy and parenthood before you go overboard.
3. Visit the hospital to learn about common dangerous chemicals that could be lurking in your home, work place and community.
4. Be responsible to take your daily bath and brush your teeth daily.
5. Pregnant women who are 35 years or older should see their doctor.
6. Remember that you are pregnant This is the not time to drink alcohol, smoke, party but be calm and responsible throughout the journey.
7. Have some rest or nap.
8. Write down your pregnancy journey. This includes what ever you feel each day in your journal or diary. It is very important.
9. When you feel any abnormality, talk to your doctor or midwife.
10. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
11. Read books on pregnancy for more insight.
12. Do not miss antenatal. This will help resolve any challenges you might face.
13. Know which health institution you would prefer to deliver your baby. You can ask your parents and friends about it.
14. Eat healthily. In other words, eat more fruits and balanced diet.
15. Learn how to baby sit from your parents and friends who are mothers.
16. Read more about breastfeeding from blogs and online. Also, Stretch before bed to help prevent leg cramps.
17. Learn about the best ways you can sleep without hurting the baby.
18. Try to exercise for a few minutes if you can.
19. Make arrangements for the baby. Buy the necessary things you will need by the end of your second trimester.
20. Photoshoot your baby. In these days, photoshoot has become popular. Book photoshoot for your baby because he/she will ask for it in the future.
21. Don’t forget to keep your health insurance card, antenatal book and other vital documents safe.
22. Be mindful of what you do during pregnancy. It is believed that, if you listen to music all the time during pregnancy, your child might grow to become a music lover.
23. Lastly, feel and kiss the baby!